Benefits of LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery can change your life, for the better. Imagine waking up every morning, or in the middle of the night, and not having to feel around for you glasses. Just going about life, free from wearing glasses or the ritual of putting on and taking off your contacts. LASIK is not for everyone, but if you are not a good candidate you may be able to have a different type of refractive surgery to attain freedom from corrective lenses. Here are some of the benefits of LASIK.
- Better vision without wearing glasses or contacts. The majority of patients achieve between 20/20 and 20/40 uncorrected vision.
- Peripheral vision is also improved. If you rely on glasses, you know that they do not help with your peripheral vision. LASIK does.
- Waking up with clear vision. No more waking up with fuzzy vision and searching for glasses or having to put on your contacts to see clearly.
- LASIK saves you time. The ritual of caring for contacts and glasses is time consuming and inconvenient.
- LASIK saves you money in the long run. The initial cost of eyeglasses or contact lenses is obviously far less than LASIK. But, they are ongoing expenses, and after many years they add up to cost more than your LASIK procedure.
- Besides the expense of glasses or contacts, you have the inconvenience of changing prescriptions and having to order new contacts or glasses on a regular basis. On top of that contacts and glasses can get lost or damaged, meaning emergency purchases. LASIK results are permanent.
- A more comfortable life. Contacts can irritate or scratch your eyes and even cause eye infections. Glasses do not always fit comfortably and they can cause headaches. LASIK gives you freedom from these discomforts.
- Enjoy your favorite activities without the hassle. If you enjoy and active lifestyle, glasses can really get in the way. You can’t swim in them. They get fogged up or mud-splattered. They get in the way. Contacts are an improvement, but they can have problems during many activities, forcing you to stop and take care of them. After LASIK, you never have to worry about these issues. You can just enjoy life.
- Quick and easy procedure. The LASIK procedure only takes a few minutes per eye. You will spend a couple of hours at the surgical center, altogether. Then you go home and rest for the day.
- Better vision right away. Most LASIK patients experience improved vision the day of surgery.
- Short recovery. LASIK has a very short recovery period. You can get back to most of your normal activities a couple of days after surgery. Most people can drive the day after their procedure. You may be able to go back to work the day after surgery, although it is better if you can wait another day.
To learn more about the benefits of LASIK, and find out if it is right for you, search this directory for a list of LASIK surgeons in your area.